The MCPS Fall 2020: Reimagine, Reopen, Recover Guide provides an overview of a few of the recovery models we are considering at this time, in light of the information and guidance MCPS has received from the Maryland State Department of Education and from county health partners. This is just a draft guide and MCPS will continue to amend, adjust and improve upon these recommendations as it receives feedback from you—our parents, staff and students……
State Requirements for Opening Schools
School districts must:
Complete and post recovery plans on the district website by August 14. The State Department of Education will review all plans.
• Address equity in all components of the plan.
• Establish a recovery plan stakeholder group that is representative of its schools and community.
• Assess all students to identify and address gaps in learning.
• Follow MSDE standards and provide instruction across all key content areas.
• Follow IDEA, 504 and ADA plus all other special education protocols and laws.
• Follow MSDE, state and federal health guidelines and procedures for individuals who test positive for COVID-19.
• Follow MSDE, state and federal health safety protocols around food service, daily cleanings and other school operations.
• Follow protocols for the safe transportation of students to and from schools.
• Develop a system for tracking attendance when students are engaged in remote learning.
• Develop a communications plan to reach its stakeholders.
• Maryland Together: Maryland’s Recovery Plan for Education
• 2020 Summer Programs Surveys for Staff and Families • Fall 2020 Recovery Surveys for Staff and Families
• Benchmarking with large school districts across the state and country 5 S
Access the report here